Sunday 17 August 2014

Breakfasts, House Cleaning and Heroic Polonaise

Hi friends,

It has been a busy week at work and I felt that I ignored my life at home. When I lose home/work balance and losing the control and quality in them, I stop everything and start cleaning the house.
My dear friend in London told me that she has started sorting out the clothes  to make it to 100 pieces.  Although it is my policy, there is no need to make it to 100. As long as you feel it is manageable, I think there is nothing wrong having 300 dresses and 500 pairs of jeans. Whether you are feeling truly good about it, is the best measurement for“sorting out” – not only about things but also about people - relationships.

Then, my another obsession – breakfasts. Having big good breakfast, and cleaning the house. It sounds rather sad way of spending weekend, doesn’t it?
Well, with a good piece of piano music, I spent my Sunday morning feeling happy and content. Where I came from, particular pieces of Chopin, Liszt and Beethoven give us nostalgia and high percentage of people in my generation can hum these tunes. They are Heroic Polonaise, La Campanella and Tempest.

I recently bought my favourite pianist, Nobuyuki Tsujii’s CD through Amazon. It is a beautiful collection featuring the work of Chopin and Listz. Although I absolutely adore Nobuyuki's talent, his Heroic Polonaise was just too elegant for my liking. When it comes to Chopin’s greatest work, it has to be Vladimir Horowitz.

If you click the following link, you will be shocked what this wrinklie old man is capable of. He is amazing. This is my kind of Heroic Polonaise.

However, Nobuyuki Tsuji is just right for me for La Campanella. He is certainly a talented young man, but not as gifted as Horowitz.

Every once in a while, right in the middle of my ordinary life, music gives me a fairy tale.

Righto, time for me to go back to cleaning!

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.